Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Ready for a New Exchange?


I meant to post this a few days ago, but we've had some serious medical problems at my house and I got distracted. Everything is good now, so don't worry. Who is ready for another exchange? March, April and May… hmmmm, what shall we stitch? We're just finishing up a lovely Spring Exchange, but since it's still in the teens at my house, with snow still on the ground, I'm soooooooooo wishing for Spring still -- I can't wait for the flowers and the beautiful colors they bring.

Our new exchange will be "In the Garden". This can be flowers but there is so much more in the garden that it is certainly not limited to flowers. You can do bird houses, toadstools, birds, squirrels, bunnies, butterflys, gnomes, oh my, the list is endless. picture
Needle Packet Keeper,
Easy to make with a tutorial
found at Focus on Finishing

How about fairies in a lovely fantasy garden? Whatever you do see, or would like to see, or fantasize for your own garden. Then when you've got the design in mind, think about ways to "keep your stitching supplies" for a finish: needlebook, scissor fob, pin cushion, chatelein, floss holder, anything that can be used to help manage your supplies. Fabric is optional (yes you can use Aida). And as always anything over and above the actual stitched piece is Optional.

Ok, you have until the end of this weekpicture
Apply your garden design
to a floss tag. Tutorial
found at Stitch Creations

Saturday, March 6, midnight US Central Standard Time to sign up. I will mail out partners before Monday, March 8 and the mailing date will be April 19th, just in time to add a little exchange piece to your 'stitching garden'.

To sign up for "In the Garden" exchange please send an e-mail to: yoyo_9203 at yahoo dot com. Please put "In the Garden Exchange" in the subject needlebook
And if you’re really
clever, this “needle
necessities” book,
tutorial at Frimousse

line and please be sure to identify yourself clearly! We have a few duplicate names and I have already gotten some people confused so PLEASE let me know exactly who you are. It would be helpful if you put your full mailing address in this e-mail so I don't have to dig through my records (and that also helps to identify you).

If you would like to join our little exchange group and participate in this or future exchanges please send e-mail to: yoyo_9203 at yahoo.com. For a new member please include: 1) Your full name 2) your "screen name" 3) your full mailing address 4) an e-mail address for us to reach you, and if you like 5) your blog address. We welcome new members and would love to have you join us.

needlebook
A little different 'needlebook'; pull on the bell and the needle piece slides into the flowered case. Sorry, I can’t remember where I found this one. If you know where this tutorial is please let me know and I’ll add a link here.

Some helpful links:

  • Faby Reilly: Finishing Tutorials pin cushion, scissor case, needlebook and others

  • Tintock Tap Use your own 'garden design' on a 15-sided biscornu, which is easy to do and makes a wonderful pin cushion.

  • There are more useful links in our sidebar.

I'm off to stalk the mailbox for entries. Hugs to all,

Happy Stitching,
bca            siggy
spacer
My Blog
Home of the Totally Useless SAL
and now home of the Christmas Design SAL
Come on over and join the fun



No comments: